Richard Barton Memorial Scholarship Fund
The Richard Barton Memorial Scholarship recognizes the contribution Mr. Barton made to his profession and seeks to support veterans interested in pursuing a career in law and criminal justice. Mr. Barton was President of C.O.P. Security and Vice President of the Rochester Regional Veterans Business Council. Mr. Barton was a veteran of the United States Air Force and a graduate of the USAF Security Police Academy. He was a retired 20-year veteran police officer and served in a supervisory position for seven years. Mr. Barton was a nationally certified Mondnock PR-24 instructor, field training officer and received the department’s Life Saving Award.
1. Full-time matriculated student enrolled in; Criminal Justice A.S., Criminal Justice – Political Science A.A.S., Criminal Justice – Corrections Administration A.A.S.
2. Must have completed 12 hours with a minimum GPA of 2.5.
3. Must be a veteran honorably discharged from the US armed forces or currently in the reserves or guard.
4. Must intend to enter law enforcement or security-related field.
5. Preference given for financial need.
6. Preference given to US Air Force veterans.