Robert A. Fratangelo Memorial Endowed Scholarship
Established in 1994 in memory of Robert Fratangelo, a founding member of the MCC Mathematics Department, to recognize and honor mathematics students who plan to continue studying mathematics and will pursue a career in mathematics or a mathematics-related field.
Professor Robert A. Fratangelo was a founding member of the Monroe Community College Mathematics Department; he was a dedicated teacher, humanitarian, counselor, mentor, friend, and confidante. In 1989, Monroe Community College recognized Professor Fratangelo for these qualities by making him the recipient of the Wesley T. Hanson Award for teaching excellence. He co-authored several college mathematics textbooks and inspired many students to become mathematics teachers.
The purpose of this scholarship is to recognize and honor a mathematics student at Monroe Community College who plans to continue studying mathematics and will pursue a career in mathematics or a mathematics-related field.
Any student currently enrolled at Monroe Community College meeting the following requirements:
1. Must have successfully completed at least 24 credit hours by the end of the spring semester.
2. Must have successfully completed at least 4 credit hours of mathematics at a level of Calculus I or higher, and must be currently enrolled in a mathematics course at Monroe Community College
or must have completed at least 8 credit hours of mathematics at a level of Calculus I or higher.
3. Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher.
4. Must have a mathematics GPA of 3.0 or higher.
5. Must be planning on an academic major in mathematics, mathematics education or a mathematics related field.