The Rusty Tweed Economic Scholarship
The Rusty Tweed Economic Scholarship is awarded to an outstanding high school student or undergraduate in economics or finance related courses. Recipients of the scholarship are high school seniors or college undergraduates who have demonstrated excellence in their studies of economics or finance, and who have maintained a high-level of academic performance. The scholarship was founded by Rusty Tweed, president and owner of Tweed Financial Services. One candidate will be chosen to receive $1,000.
To be considered, please answer the following question: Why does economics matter to you?
Essays with a compelling personal voice will help set your entry apart.
Terms and Conditions for entry
• Complete the short essay prompt and fill out each section of the form below to be eligible
• The short essay should be no more than 600 words.
• Eligibility information is as follows:
* High school students graduating this school year and have been accepted into a college, university, trade school, or design school.
* Students currently enrolled in a college, university, trade school, or design school.
(Undergraduates enrolled in college do not have to be pursuing an economic major to be eligible.)
• If chosen, you will need to be able provide proof of enrollment in your chosen college or university
• Participation in the Rusty Tweed Economics Scholarship program constitutes your consent to use your personal information for marketing and promotional purposes – we’re excited to share your ideas!
Submission Deadline: April 1, 2018
Notification: One winner will be selected by April 30, 2018. The winner will be contacted shortly after selection and will have two weeks to respond. If the winner does not respond and/or cannot provide proof of enrollment, a new winner will be selected.