Elisa Mlynar Scholarship for Sign Language Interpretation
Established in 2010 to support and promote interest in sign language interpretation as a career choice.
1. Fourth semester MCC student enrolled in American Sign Language classes and who has been accepted into a sign language interpreting program.
2. Minimum GPA of 3.0.
3. Active participation in the Deaf community, including Deaf events.
4. Two letters of reference; One based on good moral character. One based on preparedness for upper-level undergraduate academic study in ASL-English interpretation.
5. Submission of a 500 word essay describing career goals. 6. Five minute video in ASL describing career goals related to interpreting with stated reasons and demonstrating financial need.
- Up to $500/Year
- World Languages and Cultures
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you actively participating in the Deaf community?
- Please provide a 500 word essay describing career goals interpreting with stated reasons, indicating number of Deaf events and hours attended, and demonstrating financial need.
- Submit a five minute video in ASL describing career goals related to interpreting with stated reasons and demonstrating financial need
- Please provide a name and email address for two letters of reference
- Provide name and email address